Date:      Sun, 5 Feb 2006 22:43:35 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Pranav Sawargaonkar <pranav.sawargaonkar@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: File creation using KLD

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 11:42:04PM +0530, Pranav Sawargaonkar wrote:
+> Hi
+> I want  to create a file on disk using  KLD and then tryout some reading=
 and
+> writing stuff on  that file,so can any one suggest me any solution i.e.
+> functions to use and locks which i need to carry out this.

This is a bit tricky, ie. there is no clean API for this, but it is of
course possible.

There are few frameworks in the kernel that do exactly this. One of them
is alq(9), so take a look at sys/kern/kern_alq.c.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ--