Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 03:29:42 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        Suresh Kumar Satapati <sks1974@cs.tamu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Networking Question

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 01:40:41PM -0600, Suresh Kumar Satapati wrote:

> Do i have to do some router configuration to obtain a good
> throughput?

A lot of things can affect throughput and performance.  For instance
running ipfw witha huge list of rules is not the best thing to do.
Even that, however, should not be the cause of a dramatic throughput
decrease.

Have you tried enabling net.inet.ip.fastforwarding with sysctl?

	sysctl -w net.inet.ip.fastforwarding=1

I don't know if it should make a huge differece, but it's name seems to
be quite a temptation to me a long time now.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"Don't let your schooling interfere with your education." [Mark Twain]