Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:17:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        Brad Guillory <round@baileylink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Skip, Natd, Ipfw, and VPN Nomads (long)

If you aren't interested in nomads logging on to an NT network or using
network neighborhood (you can still map drives) then you are OK.  You are
also OK if you don't need to use natd for Internet browsing with internal
hosts but then why have natd at all.

Otherwise, unless you can figure out a way to tell outbound client
browsing packets to use natd and to tell logon server SMB messages to
bypass natd on their way back to the nomad, you are sol.  Unfortunately,
they both belong to the class of destination address = any.

You could use the source address of the logon server to bypass natd but
now you can't also have -redirect_port capabilities.

Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
#4 ISP on C|NET, #1 in Ohio