Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:50:13 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
To:        "Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail security and defaults on 4.3 RELEASE

I added my other machine (on my LAN) to /etc/mail/access right away.  I don't
understand what the mapping thing does to this file; it looks the same after I
run the command as it did before, so what happened?

I already have a few things in the aliases file, and I have some previous
experience with that (on my production Web site).  Looked at local-host-names
but didn't actually create one.  Haven't heard of virtusertable but I'll look
into it.

Sendmail configuration looks exceedingly hairy and I've read dire warnings about
playing with it on many occasions.  I get the impression that one could make a
career just out of going from site to site tuning the sendmail configuration
file.