Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:04:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sundry bsd questions (thunks, releases, mail archives)

Three questions:

What are thunks?  I was under the impression they existed in windows
to connect 32-bit apps to old 16-bit functions.  Do they exist for
some other reason in Unix/BSD?

I saw mention somewhere about a release 3.5.  I thought 3.x
development would stop once 4.0 became official.  Isn't that why 4.0
is coming out, because the changes cannot be backported to the 3.x
line?  If this is the case, when do they decide to release a x.0
release if they will still develop (x-1).0?

I would like to be able to archive my mail and read it later, if need
be.  If i just tar my mailbox in my pine (or mutt) directory, how can
i go back and read it later on?

Thanks in advance... if i should be able to find this myself, don't
hesitate to point me in the right direction and give me a firm
shove...  ;-)

"Do not taunt the Happy Fun Ball."