Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:53:50 +0100
From:      Didier Wiroth <didier.wiroth@mcesr.etat.lu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   convert .cshrc to .bashrc

Hi,

I'm almost new to freebsd about a few month now. It took me some while to learn how to customize my .cshrc file. I would like to switch to bash2 now.

1) I was wondering if there is a tool (from the ports collection) that can automatically convert my customized .cshrc to a .bashrc compatibel file (converting aliases, path stuff, prompt etc).

2) Is there a skeleton (dot.bashrc) file somewhere I can download somewhere for bash, like the dot.cshrc.

Many thanks