Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:52:29 -0400
From:      Dan Pelleg <daniel+bsd@pelleg.org>
To:        jerry@thehutt.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USR 2410 support

Jerry A! writes:
 > On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 04:47:55PM -0400, Dan Pelleg wrote:
 > :
 > : I'm trying to use the ultra-cheap USR 2410 wireless card on -STABLE. The
 > : 4.6 release notes say it's supported with the wi driver. However when I
 > : insert it I get:
 > :
 > : pccardd[68]: No card in database for "U.S. Robotics"("IEEE 802.11b PC-CARD")
 > :
 > : What did I forget?
 >
 > Nothing.  There's a typo in pccardd.conf entry.  There's an unnecessary
 > space between the "U." and "S.".  Try the following pccardd.conf entry:
 >
 > # U.S. Robotics Wireless Card 2410
 > card "U.S. Robotics" "IEEE 802.11b PC-CARD"
 >         config  auto "wi" ?
 >         insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
 >         remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop
 >
 > And for a cheap card, it's not bad...

 What do you know, it is a typo in the pccard.conf file! After removing the
space it is initialized properly.

Are there committers listening, or should I open a PR? Note that we have
Jordy YC reporting that a space after the first dot works for him. So it
looks like there are several versions of the card out there or something.

 Thanks all for your help!