Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:05:08 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Paul Thornton <prt@prt.org>
Cc:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem detecting and reacting to serial break

--Apple-Mail-4-827314308

On 15/08/2010, at 23:25, Paul Thornton wrote:
> With Linux, it all works as expected - but the linux tcsetattr doesn't
> like the nonstandard baud rate either.  However, in linux I used
> setserial to set a base baud rate of 24000000 and a divisor of 96 to =
get
> 250k baud rate.  When I run, I have a stable buffer dump displayed =
which
> always starts with byte 1; so I'm happy that in theory my code is
> correct and the hardware is behaving as expected.

I had a quick look at the uftdi driver and while it has code for setting =
break (uftdi_cfg_set_break), there doesn't seem to be any in the read =
call back routine to handle break, hence the TTY layer will not see =
them.

The Linux driver does (obviously :) support it and it doesn't look too =
tricky so you could probably fix it up.

It would be nice if the man page mentioned the lack of break support ;(

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum

--Apple-Mail-4-827314308--