Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:14:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      dingo@microbsd.net
To:        "Michael Hollmann" <michael.hollmann@jawa.at>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cardbus activation failed

Okay i will re-iterate what i said a week or so ago, as of 5.2-RELEASEit
seems there have been alot of cardbus issues, i myself have a Sony VAIO
PCG-GRX560 that never had issues with wireless devices or cardbus util i
upgraded to FreeBSD 5.2 Release. then all pcmcia items stopped
functioning. Ive downgraded to a 5.2-current cvs snapshot dated January8,
2004 and all works fine again. It seems something changed for cardbus
between January 8th and January 15th. It is most likely a pcmcia
carddevice having the issue, it seems to be directly related to the
FreeBSD code dated after January 9-10th 2004. My cardbus works with the
January 8th current cvs snpshot.