Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 13:33:01 +0300
From:      Igor Robul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help!

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 01:07:21PM -0600, Trudy (Bais) Teichrieb wrote:
> I have a hard drive that has FreeBSD on it.  I want to remove it and put back my Windows 95.  I have no idea how to reformat the hard drive so I can use my restore CD that came with my computer and put it back to normal.
While ther are no much mail on this thread:
0) Make sure you are really wish this
1) boot with MS-DOS or Windows9x boot diskette
2) do FDISK /MBR
3) reboot. don't remove diskette
4) do FDISK
5) Go to menu item 3 (if I remeber correctly) and remove BSD slices
6) exit FDISK and reboot
7) do FDISK
8) use menuitem 1 to create DOS primary partition. I recommend you
don't use all space for primary
9) use menu item 1 and create DOS extended partition. Also create
logical disk in it.
10) exit FDISK
11) reboot.
12) Boot from your "Resque" CD
13) Install Windows

I hope sometimes after, you'll return to this list :-)

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia