Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 22:01:14 +1000
From:      D.Bannon@latrobe.edu.au (David Bannon)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install problems

Hello,
    I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.5 without luck.

When I boot from an install floppy, I make suitable changes to the kernal
config using the menu based screen and press {q} to quit. I am asked to
save, I press {y} and the system crashes.

I have tried three different floppy disks and three different computers. I
have removed all 'fancy' hardware and am left with :

486dx66 with 8 meg ram, Tsung ET4000 VLB video and generic hard disk /
floppy disk controller.

It still crashes ! (Either freezes or reboots after 2 minutes or so)

What am I doing wrong ????
When the conf is saved, is it saved to the floppy or to the ram based file
system ?

David.
David Bannon                      D.Bannon@latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083