Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:05:08 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        John Ansoategui <webstarn@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Qmail error on installation

John Ansoategui <webstarn@bellsouth.net> types:
> Hi,
> I would like to ask you if you could help me with an error that I get
> when installing Qmail-1.03. I am running FreeBSD alpha 5.0 current.
> After typing "make clean install" in the port qmail goes into the
> installation. When it reaches applying distribution patches it stops and
> gives me an error code 1 saying "3 out of 3 hunks failed". I cannot
> understand why it would not apply the patches. I downloaded them from
> the current ports directory. What am I doing wrong. Could you please
> help me. Thanks.

Question: are you sure you want to be running -current? It's really
meant for people capable of debugging problems without help.

Suggestion: Sounds like you put the new port on top of the old port,
and thus have patch files for two different versions of the port. That
will cause that kind of problem.

	<mike