Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 1998 10:49:34 +1000
From:      David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Finding a.out shared libraries (was: Netscape no longer works with ELF system)

On Sat, Sep 26, 1998 at 03:30:28PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
>> I'm not sure what I plan to do WRT X yet since I have *only* a.out
>> versions available right now and that constrains me somewhat.
>
>Maybe it would be a good idea to get ?Rich? from XFree86 to retar the
>libs so they live in lib/aout/ rather than lib/ ?
>
>Eventhough X11BASE/lib will be empty, it might make things easier later
>for those that will need a mixed environment.

If it would help, I could add a FreeBSD-3.0-ELF directory on ftp.xfree86.org
with a set of XFree86 3.3.2.3 binaries in ELF format.  An X3323alib.tgz
tarball could be added with the a.out libraries (should it contain static
libs as well as shared libs?).

Or should the current a.out binaries in the FreeBSD-3.0 directory simply
be replaced with ELF ones?

David