Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:45:09 -0400
From:      "Jamil Taylor" <jamil_taylor@pobox.com>
To:        "Marek Florianczyk" <franki@mentat.oko.com.pl>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 3Com Firewall

Thanks so much for the assistance!

I ended up getting my internet connection under FreeBSD working with the
firewall and cable modem. The problem was that the ip address of the
firewall device was not on the same subnet as the ip address assigned to my
computer. Apparently, Windows does not have a problem with this and can
cope, but FreeBSD will not communicate with the firewall. To fix this, I
just changed the ip address of the firewall from the default to one on the
same subnet, used the route add command below, and all is working now.

Thanks again!