Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:10:59 +0200
From:      Thomas Seck <tmseck@web.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Checking out ports from local cvs repo produces "old layout" errs

Hi Kris,

On Mar 25 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 04:09:50PM +0200, Thomas Seck wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > as stated in the subject, I am probably to stupid to check out ports
> > properly from my local cvs repo.
> >
> > This is what I tried so far (leafnode+ is my test case):
> >
> > cvs -R -d /usr/home/ncvs checkout -P ports/news/leafnode+
>
> cvs [...] checkout -Pd [...]
>
> -d means "delete empty directories"

Hmm, does not work for me (cvs 1.11, 4.3-RC).

-Pd errors with "must specify at least one module or directory";
according to cvs(1), -d specifies an alternate directory to checkout
into.  `checkout -P -d leafnode ports/news/leafnode+' indeed populates
<workdir>/leafnode.  -P alone _should_ work, but does not, at least not
for me :(

But I guess I found the error: I probably ran into the problem that my
local repo (initially taken from the German 4.0-R CD) was not properly
updated by cvsup, i.e.  the pkg paths had not been removed.

Cheers,
Thomas Seck