Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:53:31 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        jlemon@americantv.com (Jonathan Lemon), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: http://www.peterzale.com/377.html

Terry Lambert writes:

> Probably it's more proper to say they "were an engineering battalion
> in the Korean war".
>
> I picked the Korean war due to the reference to "VC Gunner"; I guess
> "VC" could be a Vietnam reference, but I'm pretty sure the 76th din't
> have any Viet Cong soldiers officially attached to them.

But, but, but, the riddle says its a test of one's knowledge of
*internet* history. Korean and Vietnam wars pre-dated the internet.

"This 76th VC gunner had two kills enroute to a takeover."

VC = VisiCalc?
VC = Virtual Computer?
is there an online game that might be refered to as VC?
takeover? Corporate?

VC == Venture Capital! Corporate Takeovers! Who would be the 76th
venture capital takeover artist who would have picked up two extra on
the way to close a deal?