Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 12:16:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
Cc:        FREEBSD-CHAT-L <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Promoting FreeBSD Web servers

On Thu, 10 Aug 1995, Brian Tao wrote:

>     There is a thread on the Apache mailing list about promoting sites
> that used the Apache HTTP server.  A contest of sorts was commenced,
> asking for submissions of graphic art indicating that the server was
> using the Apache software.
>
>     I thought this would be a nice idea for FreeBSD servers as well.
> The only problem is the copyright on the BSD Daemon.  Are we allowed
> to use it if no profit is gained from it, and if the copyright is
> clearly displayed?  I used the rendition of the Daemon from the cover
> of the 2.0.5 CD-ROM in my icon.  http://aries.ibms.sinica.edu.tw/ .

	Just curious but what are the differences between the httpd from
CERN, NCSA and Apache?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!
Chabot Observatory & Science Center