Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:23:37 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>, kde@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] qt upgrade strangeness

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 08:58:42PM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:

> > Would bumping revision of qmake and qt be enough or were you thinking of
> > something more aggressive?
>=20
> No - I'm guessing the problem is that qmake generates wrong dependencies =
in=20
> Makefiles when it configures Qt with a prefix that is different from the =
one=20
> of a previously installed Qt, with the dependencies being generated on fi=
les=20
> in the destination install prefix instead of the workdir. The most obviou=
s=20
> workaround: Deinstall (as in make deinstall) qt33, then (and only then)=
=20
> rebuild and reinstall qt33 with the new PREFIX set. An update script coul=
d=20
> take care of this rather easily as part of a post-update cleanup routine.
>=20
> I can also try to reproduce this and, if I succeed, try to come up with s=
ome=20
> post-configure in-place Makefile editing, if my guess turns out to be=20
> correct, but I am still busy with changing a number of qt4 ports to avoid=
=20
> conflicting with qt33 after the X11BASE-move and flz@ already told me wou=
ld=20
> very much like to remain on schedule and do the merge on the upcoming=20
> monday - I'm simply not sure I will be able to address this problem in ti=
me.
>=20
> Another option would be doing nothing, writing up an UPDATING entry and=
=20
> pointing disgruntled users to that, of course. ;)

I think having qt33 upgrade automatically (i.e. without requiring
manual action) is a requirement for the xorg upgrade.  We are
currently also blocked on a portupgrade issue, but hopefully someone
else will be able to fix qt in the next few days if you don't have the
time.  I would like to see a real solution instead of an upgrade
script workaround (as mentioned no other ports are special-cased at
this time because we have been able to find ways to avoid it).

Kris

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi--