Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 00:41:38 -0400
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdougall@ameritech.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KERNFS and MFS

Isn't it true that a mount_mfs never releases the memory allocated by
writing files inside a mfs?  This seemed to be the case when I used to
use it for /tmp, and I stopped using it because it would continue to bog
things down even after the files were erased from it.  Remounting the
partition, however, released the memory.