Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 01:15:45 -0500
From:      "Chuck" <Crff@alltel.net>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hi

>No worries Chuck. Thanks for letting us know you're here.
>
>What's a newbie newbie? You mean a _real_ newbie? You mean, too new to
>participate in our true confessions? Nah, I don't believe it :-)
>We're going to draw it out of you, you know that.
>
>Come on, how long have you been running (or should I say installing?)
>FreeBSD? How did you install it? What would you do different next time?
>
>--
>
>Regards,
>        -*Sue*-

I mean REAL new, as in brand new, still in the box and shrink wrap new.
Actually, I've grown tired of using the "Worlds Most Complex Computer Virus"
for
an OS, otherwise known as Win95, and decided to take the FreeBSD path about
a week ago. So far I've managed to download the minimum files to do the
install from
DOS, make the boot disk, and gather what reference material I've been able
to dig up
on the net. I'd like to buy a reference manual before I TRY my first
install, but haven't
found anything to get excited about yet.  Any suggestions anyone??

Regards,

Chuck