Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 17:23:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   USB lockups

	Got a really wierd situation here and it's baffling the heck out
of me and I'm not sure who to ask.  Ok, here's what we got.

	This doesn't apply to any one machine, but the ones that it's been
tested on vary on hardware and OS, but they all end up with the same
results.  Just recently we purchased a brand new 120 gig Maxtor Exteral
USB 2/1.1 compatible HD for backups but for some strange reason, when you
plug it in, it's fine for the first 5 minutes, then it locks the machine.
I mean total hard lock.  You reboot and the machine won't post until you
unplug the USB HD.  Any ideas?  Thanks.