Date:      30 Dec 2002 13:20:11 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   More on the ports freeze/impending thaw

--=-zlUbRn4DJT5j/e8sYGA5

As some of you may have seen, the ports tree is scheduled to partially
thaw on 1/1.  Since there are bound to be questions about what GNOME
bits will or will not be committed, here's the deal.

What's not going to be committed:

* Any port that is explicitly or implicitly required by x11/gnome2 or
x11/gnome2-fifth-toe
* Evolution and friends since Evo 1.2.1 requires an update to gal which
requires an update to bsd.gnomeng.mk.
* mozilla* since we're still trying to work out some bugs on Alpha

What will be committed from my freeze archive:

* bonobo.diff
* gaim.diff
* gnome-icon-theme.diff
* gnome-themes.diff
* gnomepilot.diff
* gnomepim.diff
* gnumeric.diff
* gtk--2.diff
* libsigc++12.diff
* mono.diff (though this may make 5.0-RELEASE after all)
* netatalk.diff
* sodipodi.diff
* startup-notification.diff
* vte.diff

Everything else will go in after 5.0 is released.  Thanks.

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus@FreeBSD.org