Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 1996 12:32:28 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com (Brian N. Handy)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Whee! Page Fault!

> I'm in cahoots with Michael Smith trying to run IDL on a FreeBSD box.  As
> such...I'm running a -current kernel.  I got the 2.2.0-960303 SNAP, then
> yesterday afternoon supped the sys bits.  Then...

[ ... ]

> I did an 'ls' on the CD and got a page fault, kernel panic, a window of
> goodies flies by and I reboot.  I haven't had a kernel panic in so long, I
> figured maybe I'd better report this one to someone.  SOOOO...here's what
> we'll put here:

[ ... ]

> Fatal Trap 12:  page fault while in kernel mode
> fault virtual address		= 0xf089800d
> fault code			= supervisor mode, page not present
> instruction pointer		= 0x8:0xf0103c2b
> code segment			= base 0x0,limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
> 				= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
> processor eflags		= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
> current process			= 417 (ls)
> interrupt mask			=
> panic:  page fault

What are the symbols in the 0xf0103c2b area?

Specifically, this will tell you the name of the routine where the
fault occurred.

Off hand, I suspect the CD9660 FS of being unstable, but maybe that's
just me being prejudiced against grody code...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.