Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:24:15 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Advise Please

On 1/25/01, 7:56:37 PM, Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke> wrote
regarding Advise Please:

> I only need a little advise on source synchronization.

> Could someone kindly tell me what might have happened if you cvsup
today
> and your buildworld breaks, but you cvsup 2morrow and it goes OK? Is
it
> because we're all humans and are prone to err?

Hello Odhiambo,

Errare humanum, perseverare autem**... :-))

Seriously, though, the best piece of advice I have ever heard of is
the following:

1) cvsup and update a test machine;
2) test... the test machine for a week or so.

N.B. the updating process itself, in this connection, is a *minor*
issue. Rather, it is important (even essential) that you should
"squeeze" your test machine, in order to examine/check/scrutinize its
actual stability/functionality/etc. before committing -- if I may say
so -- the changes to your production machines.

Best regards,
Salvo

**reference to [FreeBSD's] daemon(s) is to be considered as purely
coincidental.