Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:09:58 +0100
From:      Sascha Schumann <sascha@schumann.cx>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   undefined reference

    Hi,

    I've written a new driver for ppbus (yes, I know that
    newppbus exists). I've added one line to conf/files, added
    "device pcf0" to my kernel configuration file, config'ured
    the kernel, and ran make depend all. The driver compiles
    cleanly, but then the linker complains about:

    isa_compat.o(.data+0xc): undefined reference to `pcfdriver'

    pcfdriver is declared in pcf.c:

    static struct ppb_driver pcfdriver = {
            pcfprobe, pcfattach, PCF_NAME
    };
    DATA_SET(ppbdriver_set, pcfdriver);

    When I removed the static declarator test-wise, the linker
    complained about dupe symbols. Is it really impossible to make
    this work?

    Driver source: http://apache.org/~sascha/pcf.c

    I think I miss something obvious, so I'd appreciate your
    advice.

--

          Regards,

                            Sascha Schumann