Date:      Sat, 2 Nov 2002 22:53:10 +0100
From:      dslb@tiscali.dk
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Home dirs and apache; access lists

Hi all

I run a web and ftp server. I want all my users chroot'ed, but I also wan=
them to access the down- og uploade dir. So in /home I have:
/home/Public
/home/user1
/home/user2
...and so on...and no anonymous ftp is not allowed.
To make the chroot thing work, I had to make all home paths "/home", so
they can access /home/Public, but now comes the problem.Apache will look
for index.htm(l) in home+public_html, but since the home path is /home an=
not /home/users, I can't get it to work. Any Ideas?

Bwt, does Access-lists build a virtual filesystem or does it make use of
the existing one by makeing a lot of groups?

br
socketd