Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:48:58 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        Emmanuel.Duros@sophia.inria.fr (Emmanuel Duros)
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dummynet & ipfw: kernel crashes !

> Following my previous mail I discovered that there is an option in the
> kernel config file which, when using dummynet/ipfw, crashes the kernel.
>
> When using a kernel compiled with this option:
> options         DIAGNOSTIC

is this a crash or a panic ? Either way if you can tell me the panic
msg or the IP where the fault occurs, and look with

	nm kernel | sort | more

for a nearby address we can detect where exactly the problem occurs.
Also looking at the sections #ifdef DIAGNOSTIC / #endif
should help.

On my sources (but i am running 2.2.6) i don't see anything obvious at
first glance.

	cheers
	luigi