Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:18:05 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB wireless AP?

--------------enig29A7FE6FEE728F2AB473D2CF

Boris Kochergin wrote:
> Do you know about http://ralink.rapla.net/? The RT2500-based cards=20
> listed there are supported by the ural(4) driver. There's a discouragin=
g=20
> comment about using them for access points in the man page, though:
>=20
> CAVEATS
>     The ural driver does not support automatic adaptation of the transm=
it
>     speed in IBSS and HostAP operating modes.

That's too bad - it seems the Linsys' card is supported by ural. I=20
looked around for Linux information on the same topic, and given the=20
problems they have, I think I'll even settle for IBSS. Are there any=20
practical differences between HOSTAP and IBSS when used by a very small=20
number of users?