Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 01:22:02 -0500
From:      armand <armand@linuxstart.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Partition Magic, Windows 98 & FreeBSD

I've been trying to figure out how to partition my hard drive
which is on a Toshiba laptop with 4.2gb of space, so that I
can add FreeBSD & be able to study it more & learn while I'm
away from home on my job. Is FreeBSD like so many other OS's
where the 1024 cylinder comes into play? That is, because the
Windows 98 install takes up so much room, even after cleaning
out as much as possible, there is only 1.35gb of free space,
so am wondering even if I successfully install FreeBSD, will
it boot from beyond the 1024 cylinder?  If I use Partiton
Magic to add a partition, should it be a primary, extended or
logical partition & if the 1024 cylinder point is crucial,
will I have to move part of my Windows 98 to another partition?
Lot of questions, but have tried to find the answer in the
FreeBSD book, as well as at the FreeBSD web site & in news
groups, to no avail. Thanks for any & all help you can give
me on this issue.
Denny White
Biloxi, MS.