Date:      Thu, 05 Nov 2015 12:57:00 +0000
From:      Malcolm Matalka <mmatalka@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sterm & tmux

Is anyone using sterm with tmux inside of it?  I am running into a few
issues.

- If I use st-256colors (which shows up in toe), then things that work
  redraw great and everything is good, except many programs do not run
  with an error about the terminal.  For example:

  $ emacs -nw
  emacs: Cannot open terminfo database file

- If I set TERM to xterm or xterm-256color and run in tmux, then
  programs work however it redraws in broken ways.  For example, if I
  hit up arrow and then go to beginning of a line to edit it, the text
  gets overwritten, visually, however when you redraw the screen the
  text has been inserted.  This doesn't happen at first, as well, but it
  takes the buffer getting full a bit.  There are other issues along
  similar lines, as well.

Does anyone know what's going on here and what to do?

Thanks,
/Malcolm