Date:      Sat, 05 Jan 2002 16:38:09 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the ltmdm patches?

David delved,

> Can you be a bit more specific about *what* "ltmdm problems"?

ppp can talk to the modem, but can't get a dialtone.

On boot, I get

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s2a
ltmdm0: <Xircom Winmodem> port 0x1840-0x1847 mem 0xf0121000-0xf0121fff irq 11 at device 3.1 on pci0
ltmdm0: could not map interrupt in non-shareable mode.
ltmdm0: could not activate interrupt in fast mode
ltmdm0: type Virtual 16550A

On checking the rest of dmesg, it seems that the entire pci system and
the video chips use irq 11 as well.

> >If I can't get it working, I have to use the dark side to listen to my
> >game tomorrow :(

> Well, I have it working well enough (with a "Mars" device) that I was
> able to use tip to talk to the MODEM & get it to call a phone.  Didn't
> try more than that, yet....

I used to have the whole thing working, but did a reinstall after
hardware problems.  I still have the configuration files, so once I can
dial, I assume I'm ok.

thanks

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail