Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 06:45:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      ANTHONY ZOULOUFOS <ant_zoul@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp help

There are a few questions I would like to ask and have
answered if possible.
If examples are present, or even documents attached,
I 'd really appreciate it.

1. What is the total connect time (with automated
scripts) for Windows 2000 and FreeBSD?

2. Observing the RS232 signal, what is the difference
between a basic terminal connection and a general ppp
connection?

3. How is the data organized over the link (before
being modulated by the modem) for    terminal link and
for a ppp link?

4. Is this organisation evident in the modulated
signal?

5. When I Try to set up a ppp link with ifconfig, it
won’t work. Why is that?

5. On the client end, which OS creates the better link
(delay and total data throughput)? Windows 2000 or
FreeBSD?

6. How does Unix ppp (both user and kernel) compare
with Windows 2000 direct cable connections?

In order to have better understanding, it would be
best if you could provide numerical results using ping
and ftp.

7. Could we create these types of links over the
modem?:

Client: user 	Server: user
Client: kernel	Server: kernel
Client: kernel	Server: user

And if the answer is yes, then how?

8. Is it possible to give several commands to the
server through the script? could an example be given?

9. Is it possible to dynamically change the IP number
of a link?

Does this apply to the following cases?:

a) user ppp

b) kernel ppp

c) null modem

d) modem