Date:      Fri, 03 Jan 1997 17:16:30 -0700
From:      Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pib comments.

Jaye Mathisen wrote:

> I'm losing faith in TCL/TK stuff.  Nice idea conceptually, but painfully
> slow.

We're using Tcl/Tk as part of our modernization for the National Weather
Service and it blows the wheels off of OI (sorry, Warner) and competes
easily with Motif.  I've developed complex user interfaces with it for
FreeBSD and they work amazingly fast.

Is there an easy way to get a copy of this "pib" so I can try it out and
examine it?  I'd wager more than anything else it's a problem in the
implementation rather than in Tcl/Tk itself.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov