Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:09:51 +0000
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <root@granat.chello.at>
To:        Francesco Casadei <fcasadei@inwind.it>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help needed using a mail user agent (eg mutt) with pop3 services (eg gmx)?

wow, thanks very much. that's really comprehensive. fetchmail did the trick for getting the mail from the server, very good. but somehow i have to find out how to configure sendmail. you use serialmail for sending mail, did i get this right?

is it better or simpler than sendmail?

one problem with sending mail is, that i am a simple user with an ISP account, and my hostname is not a really qualified domainname, which sendmail seems to have problems with...

but it's abit easier, since i am on cable modem, so no dial up or pppd problems.

dont know, have to figure this out.

thanks a lot,
regards
Andreas Ntaflos