Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:48:18 -0500
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@rochester.rr.com>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gnu system program vs BSD. Opinions ?

Actually, this is a good topic.

I've used Unix for nearly 20 years and the GNU tools for over
a decade.

I'm comfortable with bash/fileutils/shellutils/gmake/gawk

When I install a freebsd system, I painfully look around for
the gnu tools..

I probably would be a good idea to a have a "gnu" environment
you can specify at account creation time, to default to the
gnu tools (instead of the bsd ones).

JMHO.

Marty