Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 21:09:37 -0500
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
To:        Paul Saab <paul@mu.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   *WORKING!* Re: netscape

On Tue, Mar 31, 1998 at 07:51:25PM -0600, Paul Saab wrote:
> I get the same thing but only with the DEBUG version of the code.
> If I build an optimized version it will start up but core dump
> trying to load up home.netscape.com.
>
> I am not using eivind's port..

Hmm...I was just able to run the dynamically linked version by cding
to the /dist/FreeBSD3.0_DBG.OBJ/bin and setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ".".

The statically linked version will die. Try compiling with eivind's port.
You don't have to use the port itself, just the patches--something like
this:

user:~/ns% foreach nspatch (../moz_port/patches/*)
foreach? patch < $nspatch
foreach? end

user:~/ns$ for nspatch in ../moz_port/patches/*
> do patch < $nspatch
> done

Depending on which shell you're using. After this do a gmake (apply the
patches on a clean src tree if possible).