Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 1996 21:41:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anybody seeing a problem with 2.1-stable and INN?

I'm using INN1.4sec with the unofficial patches from psu (level 2).  On a
FreebSD 2.1-stable box.  32MB RAM, 20GB disk.

I am constantly getting errors from INN about symlinking articles,
specifically that when INN goes to write a file, the file it thinks it
can write to already exists.

Thinking that something got whacked in the filesystem/history files I
removed all files from the file system, and then restarted INN.  Within a
few hours, I started getting the error again that some inconsistency has
happened.

This problem has cropped up in about the last month, and nothing I do
seems to fix it.  I've rebuilt and re-installed the INN software, I've
rebuilt the history and active files a kazillion times, and nothing seems
to work.

I'm wondering if there's a problem in the MMAP stuff (which is something
that I couldn't use under BSD/OS, which this box is a convert from), or
maybe the dbz routines...

Any idea appreciated, I'd hate to have to punt back to BSD/OS.