Date:      Sun, 13 Jun 1999 01:49:44 -0500
From:      PJ <ibi@greencis.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   LD connect problems

This may be the strangest question this year and I don't know how to
make it easy.

The problem is I cannot dial LD to my ISP who is in another state who is
running FreeBSD.

My modem checks out okay and connects just fine when we are in the same
state. When I am home it dials as far as CD and then stops. The error
message says I should check my Network configuration.

I am not a network. I am a home user and when I check modem_properties
_advanced the log indicates there isn't any communication between the
modems after the initial characters are sent. However using a local dial
up connection I can send/receive mail and Ftp the server.

I'm stumped. Can you help?

Pj
ibi@greencis.net