Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 1999 13:39:16 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Linux on college radio show.

Joseph Scott wrote:

>         As I'm sure many people will point out, the linux guy sure did
> come down on FreeBSD pretty hard at times.

At one point, he spent a good amount of time bashing BSD, and then
said "that does not answer your question, ..." and then proceeded
*not* to answer the question again!

>         To the interviewer's credit I think he did an excellent job of not
> falling into an OS bashing mode.  After hearing the linux guy I was
> concerned that the interviewer was going to expect Jordan to answer these
> issues that were brought up, to be put on the defensive.  However I don't
> think he did, as far as the interviewer is concerned I think it was a very
> fair interview.

I was concerned that might happen too. Kudos for both interviewer
and Jordan not to fall in this trap. The Linux guy kept trying to
weasel out of the questions, while Jordan answered them
straight-forward.

>         If anything it made the guy from VA Linux look bad because out of
> the three people ( Linux, FreeBSD, and the interviewer ), the linux guy
> was the only one who spent large amounts of timing bashing.  ( Of course
> NT bashing is open to all :-)

I think that anyone not biased would end up seeing FreeBSD on a
better light, for the sole reason that
Jordan was more, err, likable. :-) But, then again, I'm biased. I'd
really like to hear what unbiased people thought...

Hey, can we slashdot this? Or was it slashdotted already? (And, if
so, what's the link?)

I have had things accepted to slashdot before, so I think I can
_succesfully_ submit it. :-) Just send the link again if anyone is
interested.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Would you like to go out with me?"
	"I'd love to."
	"Oh, well, n... err... would you?... ahh... huh... what do I do
next?"