Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 09:06:21 -0600
From:      "Jason Hudgins" <Hudginsj@smtp.dancooks.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with pnp modem

> Freebsd refuses to recognize my modem...
> i've tried enabling/disabling the two serial ports in my system, but this
> made no difference (it WILL detect the serial ports, if enabled)
>
> is there a way to configure my PNP modem manually so that freebsd will
> recognize it?

I have never tried this but you might give it a shot...Look up the
defaults for the com ports that bsd uses and then run the
dos program ICU (Intel pnp configuration utility) off a dos boot
disk...Set it your SupraModem to whatever bsd is defaulting to.
    Hopefully when your machine boots up, your bios will set your
pnp card to the address/irq you specified in the icu program and
maybe then freebsd will recognize it at the default settings.

*ACK* I hate pnp => good luck

Jason Hudgins