Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:10:50 -0800
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kppp

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 08:25:53AM -0700, lattera@softhome.net wrote:
> I run kppp for dialup. My modem is on port /dev/cuaa4. kppp doesn't allow=
=20
> me to use /dev/cuaa4, only up to /dev/cuaa3. Is there a way to force kppp=
=20
> to see /dev/cuaa4?=20
>=20
> I've currently removed /dev/cuaa3, and instead made /dev/cuaa3 a symlink =
to=20
> /dev/cuaa4.=20
>=20
> Thanks,=20
>=20
> lattera
>=20

How many serial devices do you actually have on that machine?  Just to
be sure, are aware that the device numbering begings at 0?....so serial
port 4 (COM4) is actually represented by cuaa3.  How are you determining
that the modem is on serial port cuaa4?

Nathan

--=20
GPG Public Key ID: 0x4250A04C
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4250A04C
http://63.105.21.156/gpg_nkinkade_4250A04C.asc