Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 19:05:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dustin Machi <dmachi@tusculum.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Jumping to bootstrap

I am having a problem getting my installation floppies to boot on a
pc164lx machine. I appologize if this is the incorrect forum for asking
this question.

I have SRM booting, and at the prompt, i put in the kern.flp disk (for 3.2
RELEASE) and type boot dva0...this is what i get:

(boot dva0.0.0.0.0 -flags a)
block 0 of dva0.0.0.0.0 is a valid boot block
reading 14 blocks from dva0.0.0.0.0
bootstrap code read in
base = 1d8000, image_start = 0, image_bytes = 1c00
initializing HWRPB at 2000
initializing page table at 1ca000
initializing machine state
setting affinity to the primary CPU
jumping to bootstrap code

this is all it does...

I've tried many things to make this work and have done alot of searching
for more information on this topic. I have not seen anyone else run into
this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Dustin