Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:49:23 +0000 (GMT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Gavin=20Kenny?= <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        Michael Westbay <westbay@seaple.icc.ne.jp>, java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dialog Boxes

OK I think your programming is better than mine. I am
not using frame.pack() in fact I am calling the dialog
box from an event handler as it is a space holder so I
know I need to write some more code. It is a single
line:

JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Do Something");

I am using the BlackBox window manager but I don't
think this is a problem as my program works as
intended using the linux jdk.

Another issue which works with the linux jdk but not
the native one is when you use the:

Process proc = Runtime.getruntime().exec("some App");

to run a binary, with linux if I then do a:

proc.destry();

The binary is shutdown/killed but nothing happens with
the FBSD native JDK.

If there is any testing or investigateing you want me
to do let me know, but use small words as this is a
bit new to me ;-)

Many thanks

Gavin