Date:      Thu, 5 May 2011 21:43:33 +0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   ath 11n update

Hi!

I thought I'd post a brief update before I put this stuff on
(somewhat) hold so I can focus on studies.

Here's my current summary from AR9160 tests in HostAP mode.

I'm currently seeing around 80-90mbit of TCP RX in ht/40 mode, and
around 50-60mbit of TCP RX in ht/20 mode (both 2 stream.)
There's an alarmingly high number of missed aggregate frames being
missed, so the stream is more out of order than I'd like it to be.

I'm able to get around 160-170mbit of UDP RX in HT/40 mode. Again,
there's lots of strange missed aggregate packet stuff going on there
too which could do with some debugging.

The ath driver is still missing TX aggregation and rate control
support, so I still can't throw the "enable 11n" switch by default.
Unless someone else steps up to the plate and implements it, it won't
be done in time for 9.0-RELEASE. I'll look to do it post exams (so
July timeframe.)

Other than that, I'm just concentrating on diagnostic and debugging at
the moment so I can try to identify and fix any other strange radio
behaviour.

Thanks,

Adrian