Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 2002 22:15:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@verizon.net>
To:        msergeant@snsonline.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic on resume from suspend with ATAPICAM.

On 6 Nov 2002, Mark Sergeant wrote:

> The following is what I receive with the latest stable sources and
> atapicam in my kernel.
>

> ata1: resetting devices .. ata1: mask=03 ostat0=50 ostat2=00
> acd0: ATAPI 14 eb

I see that you have device atapicd configured in your kernel...

From the atapicam man page:

BUGS
atapicam and ATAPI-specific target drivers (acd, ast, and afd) can be
configured in the same kernel.  Simultaneous access to the same device
through the SCSI generic drivers and the ATAPI-specific drivers may cause
problems and is strongly discouraged.

Not saying this is the problem, but you should try removing the
device atapicd from the kernel config and use device cd instead...