Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:19:53 +0200
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@401.cx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VPN w2k RFC1918 ip to FreeBSD 4.7 firewall?

Hi list.

Im about to implement some VPN tunnels at work.
We already run a few tunnels from BSD to BSD that works great, but now
we need to allow some of our employees to connect from home.

Setup looks something like this:

LAN -- FreeBSD firewall --  Internet  -- ADSL router -- Windows 2k

Is it possible to build a VPN from the w2k machine to the FreeBSD
firewall, prefferably using already existent software?
I know its possible to connect FreeBSD and w2k if they both have
static IP's, but in this case the w2k is behind nat and the ADSL
router has a dynamic IP.
How do others solve this? I mean, there must be someone that has users
with laptops, homeoffices and whatever that connects to their work
using VPN and FreeBSD. I dont mind using other software besides IPSec,
but I do prefer free solutions since Im on a very low budget for this.
All suggestions, experiences or ideas are much appriciated.