Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:11:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: data corruption when using aic7890 -- FIXED

For the benefit of everybody following this thread:

Justin has committed a fix to aic7xxx.seq to -current and -stable
which fixes the aic7890 data corruption problem.  I've been been
testing this patch with my exhaustive corruption test for well over 72
hours with no errors.

Thank you, Justin!!

Drew

PS: The log:

gibbs       1999/09/20 11:57:05 PDT

  Modified files:
    sys/dev/aic7xxx      aic7xxx.seq
  Log:
  Work around a defect in the FIFOEMP status bit of Ultra2 class
  aic7xxx parts.  This problem could result in data corruption
  during periods of my PCI bus load by busmasters other than the
  aic7xxx.

  Many thanks to Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu> for characterizing
  the symptoms of this problem and testing this fix.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.91      +33 -3     src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aic7xxx.seq

(MFC'ed as rev 1.84.2.7).