Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:08:48 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMPNG kernel on UP

In message <15418.968408645@axl.fw.uunet.co.za> Sheldon Hearn writes:
: > 	7) SSH to a machine on my local network is dog slow
: > 	   sometimes.  I can type about one line or two lines ahead of
: > 	   it in email when it happens.  It feels like a network pause
: > 	   of about 1-2 seconds.  Local windows behave well during
: > 	   these episodes.
:
: I also haven't noticed this.  Have you managed to determine that it's
: SSH and not your X11 terminal emulator?

No.  I don't know which one this is.  I just know that it happens from
time to time.  I'll see if I can do something about tracking this down.

Warner