Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:36:37 -0800
From:      "Dmitry V. Kalashnikov" <dvk@toolbuilders.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   The perfect laptop

Hello,

Could you recoment a laptop that has (most?) the following specs/features:

 * 1024x768 16bpp resulution video (that is supported under XFree86 4.0.1)
 * working sound (midi, mixer, and sound driver 16-bit)
 * working internal modem
 * 2 PCMCIA slots
 * 2G+ Hard Drive
 * 300Mhz+ processor (PII, AMD ... doesn't matter)
 * built-in CDROM and floppy drive

I have a toshiba sattilite 440CDT. Everything on it works, except the sound
is 8-bit and its getting to be too slow for compiles ... etc. Its a pentium
133Mhz machine.

I haven't been able to find an affordible laptop (under $1300) that has all
of those features. If you are happy with your laptop, could you tell me which
one of those things (above) work for you.

Thank you,

DVK