Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:51:56 -0500
From:      Pandurangi Venkatesh-AVP028 <venkatesh.pandurangi@motorola.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Question on FTP

Hi,

I am new to FreeBSD. I have installed FreeBSD 4.2 on two i386 PCs. These two
PCs are connect to each other in a local network using CISCO routers. I am
trying to run 'ftp' command from one FreeBSD PC to another FreeBSD PC. It
takes very very long time to get to the FTP prompt. After the ftp command,
it immediately displays 'connected to 77.1.63.1' (Ip address of PC2) and
takes long time to get to the FTP prompt.

I also tried different ways of FTPing to these FreeBSD PCs. I tried ftping
from Windows PC to FreeBSD PC, it works fine without any delay. FreeBSD to
Lynux also works fine. From FreeBSD to FreeBSD is a problem.

Could you please help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Venki